Tuesday 28 April 2015

another scam call

07468 781778 called.  When I mentioned the Telephone Preference Service, they argued with me that I couldn’t be registered, as they had my details from the national database.

Why do these people (1) argue with me that they know better than I do whether I’m registered with the TPS? (2) think that after such an argument I might then want to continue speaking to them?

I reported them to the ICO (as I didn’t engage in a long enough conversation to get the information needed to report them to the TPS).  Interestingly, one of the pieces of information the ICO requested from me was my telephone number (in addition to my email address), so they could call me if they needed more information.  I filled in the box as: “I don’t want telephone calls!”  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment