Saturday 1 November 2014

go pro

I’ve been using Evernote for a couple of years now.  I started out using is as a lab daybook, as a clippings commonplace book, and for taking notes at science fiction cons and at scientific conferences.  After following Jamie Todd Rubin’s excellent Going Paperless blog tips, I’ve been increasing my use of Evernote for everything: bills, manuals, tracking online purchases, travel expenses, presentation slides, everything.  Like all such things, the more content I store in it, the more useful it becomes.

With this ever-extending use, I’ve found myself hovering precariously close to my free version 60MB monthly upload limit these last few months.  So today, I crossed over, and went Premium. £35 a year is less than 10p a day, and given how much I use Evernote for everything now, that’s just peanuts.

So I was looking forward to my monthly limit being upgraded to 1GB.  But when I clicked sync to refresh the usage counter, I discovered it is now 4GB a month.  Wow!

I’m fairly confident my usage won’t change enough to start hovering close to that limit!  I may start archiving some past paper material, though, so you never know…

No comments:

Post a Comment